Honoring the Legacy of Olga M. Haley, APR
This award reflects our chapter’s dedication to supporting members at every stage of their careers and lives. A legendary figure in Portland public relations, Haley’s background included leadership roles at Gerber and Leopold Ketel, where she spent most of her career before forming her own firm, Power Public Relations. A longtime member of the PRSA Portland Metro Chapter and accredited in public relations, Haley served as president in 2003. Throughout her career, she was committed to supporting PRSA and the public relations profession, serving as a mentor to countless chapter members. She was widely respected not only by her clients, colleagues and fellow chapter members, but also by Portland’s journalism community. Haley passed away in March of 2014 at the age of 69, leaving behind an unparalleled legacy of mentorship, excellence and professionalism.
- 2019 – John C. Mitchell, APR, Fellow PRSA [Bio | Award announcement]
- 2018 – Donna Z. Davis, Ph.D. [Bio | Award announcement]
- 2017 – Taraneh Fultz, APR [Award announcement | Video tribute]
- 2015 – Tom Unger, APR, ABC, CTM, Fellow PRSA [News Release | Bio | Video tribute]
- 2014 – Patti Atkins, APR, Chuck Williams, APR, and Mara Woloshin, APR, Fellow PRSA [News release | Video tribute]
- At the 2014 Spotlight Awards, Dr. Bey-Ling Sha, Ph.D., APR and Chair of the Universal Accreditation Board extended her congratulations to the 2014 Olga M. Haley Mentorship Award honorees in a video tribute.
- Eligible individuals must be: 1) an Oregon Chapter member currently working as a practitioner as defined by PRSA, 2) an Oregon Chapter Chapter member serving as a collegiate instructor/professor, or 3) an Oregon Chapter member (current or past) retired from practice.
- Please note, mentorship takes many forms and is not limited to the traditional mentee/mentor relationship; therefore, candidates guiding the next generation but not formally involved in the Oregon Chapter mentor network are also eligible.
- How does the candidate demonstrate exemplary service in public relations mentoring?