POSITION TITLE: Manager, Content & Strategy
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
Is this the job you’ve been looking for?
- • A mid-level management role at a small, fast-growing firm involved in some of the most important public policy and business issues facing the Pacific Northwest.
- • An opportunity to help build business in a hard-charging, entrepreneurial environment.
- • An opportunity to further develop a values-driven company culture.
- • An ability to grow and diversify a team of experienced self-starters.
- • An entrepreneurial mindset with an ability to produce compelling campaigns for diverse audiences.
- • A position that requires awareness, experience, and expertise working with diverse communities and populations throughout the Pacific Northwest.
Meet Hubbell Communications. Our brand is all about a belief that better communications helps business and policy leaders create better communities. We specialize in helping clients address public policy and communications challenges through media relations, digital communications, and coalition building.
Our clients span a range of industries – including agriculture, building and construction, energy, environmental organizations, immigration, post-secondary education and transportation. We have extensive experience in developing data-driven communications programs and messaging on a wide array of complex issues.
We are an agency that welcomes diverse people, voices, backgrounds and experiences – lived and otherwise.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR: You should be an experienced agency professional with 5+ years of agency experience and an understanding of the diverse communities, people, and industries that make up our unique life in Oregon and across the Pacific Northwest. We’re seeking someone who is comfortable working across a variety of clients and projects in multiple media formats – from public relations to marketing to advocacy communications. This position requires you to be a kind of in-house “jack of all trades” in the areas of writing, content development, social media, and project management.
We particularly value experience working with communities of color, underserved populations, and on issues that require diverse backgrounds and perspectives on complex issues.
We will rely on your ability to work with internal project teams and clients in sometimes high-stress situations. Qualified candidates must be able to handle multiple projects, deadlines, and assignments while maintaining our rigorous standards for high-quality work.
Candidates for this position should have some familiarity working with clients in the healthcare, energy, transportation, government, and education sectors.
Specific responsibilities include:
- • Developing written materials for clients across diverse media channels – including earned media announcements, social media content, paid advertisements, multi-page reports, brochures, fact sheets, and other tactical deliverables.
- • Independently managing integrated digital media campaigns on social media engagement and through online paid media campaigns.
- • Developing and managing content strategies for diverse clients in healthcare, energy, land use planning and development, and transportation.
- • Managing day-to-day client needs and incoming requests – including managing teams and staff who needs guidance on tactical deliverables.
Specific skills necessary for this position include:
- • Knowledge of public policy issues and some degree of industry experience working with clients in healthcare, energy, education, transportation, and/or land use planning and development.
- • Excellent writing skills and a proven ability to condense information into proposal, plans, and client-ready communication with minimal to no oversight from management.
- • Strong ability to self-manage and project manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision or support.
- • Confidence navigating complex client relationships and experience managing incoming client requests without the need for approval or guidance.
- • Experience handling client feedback directly and working against tight deadlines.
- • Good internal communications skills and an ability to build relationships and problem solve with internal project teams.
- • Strong presentation skills and confidence speaking in front of groups of people.
- • Knowledge of producing content for websites, e-marketing, social media, and mobile platforms.
- • An ability to develop creative materials that support existing campaign strategies and approved messages.
- • Strong writing skills (an in-person writing test will be conducted with all finalists)
- • Excellent presentation skills (an in-person presentation will be conducted with all finalists)
- • Experience working for a public relations/public affairs agency and/or an in-house corporate communications team.
- • Understanding of the agency / consulting culture, including meeting client demands, handling client relations, and ensuring client needs are consistently met.
- • A Bachelor’s degree
Qualified applicants please email resume to [email protected]