Position: Communications Coordinator
About Us: At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Communications Coordinator, we’ll count on you to:
•Support the strategic communications and public involvement aspects of projects
•Assist in development of project-specific outreach tools, including websites, databases, newsletters, fact sheets, press releases, meeting notices, and web-based social media
•Coordinate, plan and staff public meetings, hearings, open houses, focus groups, workshops, advisory committees, and other stakeholder meetings (including securing locations, assisting with agendas and meeting plans, communication with participants, documenting meetings and events, tracking and reporting)
•Develop and manage stakeholder databases and distributions lists
•Develop comment databases including comment coding, comment response, analysis and reporting
•Assist with the development and implementation of public involvement, outreach and communications plans – including identifying target audiences, communications tools, and outreach goals
•Research industry trends, stakeholders, regulatory requirements, etc, for client projects
•Manage web-based project management tools (Adobe, SharePoint, ProjectWise, contact databases, etc)
•Assist with stakeholder coordination and communications, scheduling stakeholder interviews, site visits and other meetings
•Perform other duties as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, planning, or a closely related field, or combination of education and relevant experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including writing, copywriting, presentation skills
• Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
• Service- and client-oriented personality with the ability to handle multiple assignments at a time and meet set deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Self-starter who can work well independently or in a team environment
• Ability to travel to meetings, including some evenings and weekends
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity.
USA: We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law. San Francisco, CA: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
At HDR, health and safety matters.
• For some positions, you may be required to provide drug and alcohol testing, before or during employment, based on our Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy
• If you are required to drive for us, we require a valid driver’s license and compliance with our vehicle policy.
Position Description: Communications-Coordinator1.