PRSA Oregon is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable society. We understand and uphold these values as chapter members, through our work and while serving our communities. We believe this commitment will strengthen the public relations profession and help us thrive as individual practitioners.
Diversity and Inclusion Committee
Led by the Committee Chair of Advancement, the committee comprises PRSA Oregon members who work together to build, foster and enhance diversity, equity and inclusion within our communities. Our work focuses on the idea that the communication field is stronger and more effective when it reflects the broad diversity that exists in the United States.
The group aims to:
- Provide members with educational and professional diversity programming.
- Diversify membership and areas of chapter participation.
- Share diversity-focused resources for members and visitors.
- Serve as a liaison to PRSA’s National Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
For more information about PRSA Oregon’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee, email [email protected]
2020 Committee Members
- Jaimee L. Fox, M.A., APR, Committee Chair, Director of Advancement
- Vicki Guinn, M.S.
- Tracey Lam, APR
- Rhonda Morin, APR, MLS
Communicators’ role in interrupting racism in the workplace
Join PRSA Oregon’s Diversity and Inclusion committee on August 11, 2020, at 11 a.m. in a forum to coach communicators in interrupting racism in the workplace. The webinar features Serilda Summers-McGee, MBA, M.Ed, founder of Workplace Change, who will share tips through case studies and answer your questions about racism in the workplace. Purchase tickets on Eventbrite.
- Actionable Tips for Diverse and Inclusive Communications
- Beyond the Buzzword: How to Talk About Diversity
- Human Rights Campaign resources for LGBTQ inclusion in the workplace
- Diversity Style Guide
- PRSA National Chapter Diversity Committee
- Diverse Voices Profiles in Leadership, PRSA Foundation