Our Commitment to Diversity,
Equity and Inclusion
PRSA Oregon is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable society. We understand and uphold these values as chapter members, through our work and while serving our communities. We believe this commitment will strengthen the public relations profession and help us thrive as individual practitioners.
Diversity and Inclusion Committee
Led by the Director of Advancement, the committee comprises PRSA Oregon members who work together to build, foster and enhance diversity, equity and inclusion within our communities. Our work focuses on the idea that the communication field is stronger and more effective when it reflects the broad diversity that exists in the United States.
The group aims to:
- Provide members with educational and professional diversity programming.
- Diversify membership and areas of chapter participation.
- Share diversity-focused resources for members and visitors.
- Serve as a liaison to PRSA’s National Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
For more information about PRSA Oregon’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee, email [email protected]
2019 Committee Members
- Jaimee L. Fox, M.A., APR, Committee Chair, Director of Advancement
- Dianne Danowski Smith, APR, Fellow PRSA
- Nicole Early
- Vicki Guinn, M.S.
- Tracey Lam, APR
- Erin Merz, M.A., APR
October 28, 2019, 5:30-8 p.m.
Space is limited! Register via Eventbrite HERE
- Actionable Tips for Diverse and Inclusive Communications
- Beyond the Buzzword: How to Talk About Diversity
- Human Rights Campaign resources for LGBTQ inclusion in the workplace
- Diversity Style Guide
- PRSA National Chapter Diversity Committee
- Diverse Voices Profiles in Leadership, PRSA Foundation