The PRSA Oregon chapter is excited to announce that we are now accepting speaker submissions for our virtual Communicators Conference happening Friday, May 14, 2021.
Every year we invite people from all across the state of Oregon and SW Washington to share their insights and the challenges faced in the industry. This year more than ever, we come together to communicate with a purpose and find ways to connect with people during a time of change when many have felt restless and fatigued. Whether you’ve worked in communications for decades or you’ve just begun your career, we want to hear from you!
The deadline for submitting proposals is Midnight PST on Friday, February 12, 2021.
We’ll let you know if your proposal has been accepted by Saturday, February 27, 2021.
- Premiere conference for professional communicators in Oregon and SW Washington.
- Must attend event
- Diversity of speakers
- Inclusive content and programming
Potential topic tracks
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Government Affairs & Tribal Relations
- Marketing Communications
- Internal Communications / Employee Engagement
- Digital Communications Data, Analytics & Measurement
- Leadership & Management
- Reputation / Risk Management
- Honoring the Footprints of Communities Past: Land Acknowledgements, Racial Equity, Community Engagement
- Integrated MarCom: Structures, Strategies and Execution
- The art of storytelling and science of analytics
- Successful multi-channel content strategies and visual storytelling
- Urging leadership to address crisis communications (NOToperational responses AND before a crisis hits)
- Culture Change & Busting Silos
- We All Get Rusty: Tech Savvy Bootcamps
- Diversity and Inclusion: Being the Change
- Emotional Intelligence
- Communicating with a remote workforce
- Frame testing to prevent reinforcing stereotypes
- Risk Assessment Methodologies
- Intake strategies of senior leaders and programmatic staff that ensures effectiveness
- Format is 30-60 minutes. (Full hour segments that incorporate engagement, participation, workshops, etc desirable)
Speaker Benefits and Logistics
- Complimentary conference admission
- Promoted as an expert in the field to all PRSA Oregon members
The professional development program topics for the Communicators Conference 2021 were approved by the board, and we’re looking for speakers and panelists who can contribute their expertise and perspective to these subjects. If you think this could be you, please complete our speaker submission form.
The Chapter is committed to the values of diversity, equity and inclusion and seeks to create inclusive, respectful and accessible learning environments for members and prospective members through its professional development programs and services. As part of an ongoing and continually improving process, the Chapter seeks to increase the diversity of professional development program speakers through our calls for proposals, speaker recruitment and other selection processes to cultivate a more holistic representation of public relations practice and the perspectives of the professionals who practice it.