As we become PRSA Oregon this year, merging membership from around the state with the majority from Portland, Salem and Eugene chapter hubs, we want to understand your pressing needs and concerns and get to know more of our members.
All spring, we’ve been coming to you! Membership Director Siobhan Taylor and President-Elect Julie Williams, APR, MA, hosted the evening and morning visits and engaging all in a lively discussion.
Our goal: Give members at every stage of their career a chance to speak up about how a statewide chapter can best serve us all.
We visited the former chapter hubs in March/April to hear your thoughts and will be returning in June to share what we learned and our suggested plans for moving forward together as the founding members of PRSA Oregon.
In Eugene and Salem, we hosted a second session the next morning to make sure members with evening commitments aren’t left out. Those events are part of series of stops planned for collecting input and sharing feedback that include:
- Portland: 3/14, 5:30-7:00 p.m. at Rogue Ales & Brewery
- Eugene: 4/4, 5:30-7 p.m. @ Falling Sky Pizzeria & Public House in University of Oregon student union
- Eugene: 4/5, 7:30-9 a.m. at Starbucks in University of Oregon student union
- Salem: 4/18, 5:30-7 p.m. at Willamette University
- Portland: 6/20, 7:30-9:00 a.m. at Elephant’s Deli on Corbett
- Salem: 8/12, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at Willamette University
- Eugene: 9/16, 10:00-12:30 p.m. at Valley River Inn
We understand that not all of our members live conveniently close to our stops in Portland, Eugene and Salem. A lot of you live in or near Vancouver, Tualatin, Tigard, Beaverton or Hillsboro, to name a few.
If you’d like us to consider a stop in your community this spring, please contact [email protected] to see if we can arrange one!
This event series is free for members and refreshments will be provided. Stay tuned on Twitter and Instagram (@PRSAOregon), Facebook and LinkedIn to learn more specifics about tour stops and about how to register.