What Is Advocacy?
Central to PRSA Oregon Chapter’s mission is “advocating for the profession, as well as providing support for its members.”
Led by the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Advocacy Advisory Board, PRSA researches, tracks and speaks out on current issues impacting your professional practice, principles and reputation. Currently PRSA advocacy focuses on three core areas: the business value of public relations, ethics and diversity within the profession.
Whether you’re a newcomer to the area, an emerging or a seasoned professional, PRSA membership can help you:
- Expand your circle of colleagues and contacts.
- Network at local meetings and programs.
- Exchange knowledge with local experts.
- Earn recognition through industry awards.
- Step into a leadership role.
- Advocate for the profession.
- Learn about business development and job opportunities in your community.
If you have any questions, a public relations success story to share or ideas on how the PRSA Oregon Chapter can be your advocate, please contact Advocacy Committee Director, Erin Merz at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to use your help advocating for PR!