Here at Vacasa, we help travelers experience unforgettable vacations. When you grow as quickly as we have been, every day is an exciting one. We embrace opportunities, and have a tendency to hand out responsibilities to our employees to see how they can stretch and challenge themselves. This is a place to grow as an individual, and to be part of our collective growth as a company and a team…and so far, it’s been an unbelievably rewarding journey together.
We’re searching for new employees who can contribute to our most important asset, our culture. We’re looking for people who are excited to embody our values every day as part of the team.
What We’re Looking For:
We are seeking a skilled communicator to join our award-winning External Communications team at Vacasa — one of the largest U.S. vacation rental management companies headquartered in Portland, Oregon. This position will help shape Vacasa’s local story in the company’s east coast markets, leading our local communications strategy, media and influencer relations, message development, crisis management, and spokesperson coaching. Ideal applicants will have 5-7 years of experience in public relations. Agency experience and/or tech experience a plus!
What You’ll Do:
- Work in conjunction with current PR Manager to lead Vacasa’s local storytelling efforts in various U.S. markets by creating market-specific strategic communication plans to meet business objectives, mining and placing stories in key publications. This role will own all east coast markets for Vacasa.
- Manage acquisition communications strategy and execution for the company’s east coast markets.
- Lead development of paid and owned content when necessary for east coast markets.
- Lead coaching of east coast specific spokespeople in advance of all media engagements.
- Work with the team on securing tier 1 media placements for larger company-wide announcements, including partnerships, funding, and leadership updates.
- Work with the team to secure earned media placements across business, technology, travel, and consumer verticals.
- Assist the team with strategic direction of company messaging and company storytelling.
- Support internal communications strategy
- Oversee company events, awards, and executive speaking opportunities when needed.
The Skills You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business or related field
- 5-7+ years of experience working in public relations, preferably within an agency
- Proven results securing earned tier one media placements
- Confident communicator and presenter
- Adaptable to changing, fast-paced environment
- Ability to think strategically and be a strong executor
Don’t Forget the Perks!
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurances
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with up to a 6% company match
- Paid Time Off
- Employee discounts
- All of the equipment you’ll need to be successful