Strategic Communications Coordinator
Please include a cover letter when applying for the position on our website at www.cambiahealth.com/careers and reference job # 22853.
This position will be responsible for supporting strategic communications including external communication, media relations, social media and brand awareness activities for the company.
As a key member of the Strategic Communications team, the strategic communications coordinator will manage and execute traditional public relations activities including measurement and reporting activities.
This position will also support a wide range of public relations and social media channels by writing engaging content and analyzing the overall effectiveness of the company’s outreach efforts.
Skills and abilities needed for success:
• Excellent writing skills, including experience in writing news releases, fact sheets, articles, external communications, and social media content, editing and research skills required
• Solid knowledge of public relations functions, including earned media, social media and measurement systems
• Strategic yet creative thinker, self-starter, cool under pressure
• Possesses strong organization and project management skills, with the ability to manage time and prioritize tasks to quickly produce results under tight deadlines
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills (both oral and written) with a service oriented approach to projects
• Flexibility and inter-personal skills that allows effective collaboration with people at all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships within the organization to help achieve business outcome
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
Strategic Communications Coordinator would have a Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or related field and 1 to 3 years of professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
General Functions and Outcomes:
• Write and edit blog posts, social media posts, press releases, award submissions, external communications, and other special writing projects
• Prepare and manage communications calendar in coordination with community investment and marketing teams to ensure events, sponsorships and campaigns are supported at the appropriate level
• Research and monitor media coverage and industry trends; create media lists to support campaigns
• Support social media channels (including developing content, posting and reporting)
• Serve as department contact for public relations vendors and news distribution services
• Work with cross-functional teams to develop strategies and communication collateral
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We’re looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.