Submissions are due February 1, 2018, 5:00 p.m. PDT
The Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Oregon chapter seeks dynamic, engaging, and knowledgeable presenters for its Communicator’s Conference 2019 (“CommCon 2019”). This annual chapter event also serves as the Portland, OR-area’s premier strategic communications conference, and we invite you to submit a presentation proposal that would afford you the opportunity to demonstrate your expertise on a topic relevant to the audience.
The primary audience consists of strategic communications (e.g., public relations, internal communications, content strategy) professionals spanning various industries, careers, and levels of experience. The event also attracts and is open to professionals working in other fields, including human resources, marketing, and media. CommCon draws an audience of approximately 250 professionals, representing various levels of experience. The conference focuses on trends that impact the communications professional by offering industry insights, interactive discussions and tangible skills.
CRITERIA FOR PROPOSALS
Proposals are solicited for 60-minute presentations and should be hands on, interactive, creative, dynamic, and feature the latest best practices on the topic that’s also relevant to the audience. Note that this presentation timeframe includes time for introductions, presentation delivery, and a question-and-answer session with the audience. Presentations should provide attendees with educational value and refrain from promoting a specific business, product, or service. Attendees should leave with practical knowledge and skills about various aspects of the topic and how it relates to their profession.
Think creatively about the agenda as we formulate topic ideas around our theme of “Communicating Through Chaos.” It’s our intention to address the latest trends in our profession that prepare attendees for today’s fast-moving environment. To help guide you, here are some ideas of topics for consideration; this is not an exhaustive list:
|▪ The Ethics of Public Relations
▪ Communication Strategies for Driving Differentiation
▪ Effective Crisis Communication – Applying “Claim It, Name It and Frame It” to Make Crisis Communication Work for You
▪ Strategic Communications as the Voice of Reason Within the Organization
|▪ Effective Leadership and C-Suite Communications
▪ Calculating the ROI on Your Communications
▪ Building Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Within Strategic Communications
▪ Developing Trust in an Age of “Fake News”
Have an idea that’s not here? We welcome other suggestions; send us your thoughts
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS & SPECIFICATIONS
PDF Version of this page: GO HERE
Please submit your proposal no later than February 1, 2018, 5:00 p.m. PDT through our Survey Monkey link HERE. You’ll be asked to provide:
- Full name, current job title and organization’s name
- Title of the Presentation (100 characters or less)
- Presentation Abstract (200 words or less)
- Key Learning Objectives and Audience Takeaways (3-5 objectives, 25 words or less)
- Targeted career levels (Early Career (0-5 years in field); Mid-Career (6-15 years in field); Senior-level (more than 15 years in the field)
- Highlights from your career as it relates to your current position
- Key civic activities and personal interests
- Degrees, certifications, awards, honors and authored publications
- LinkedIn Profile URL
As a presenter for CommCon 2019, your conference registration is complimentary. Registration includes access to all CommCon 2019 workshops and seminars and the networking happy hour following the conference. Conference registration fees are not waived for co-presenters.
Generally, PRSA Oregon does not pay presenters an honorarium or speaker fee. Presenters are responsible for their own travel and lodging expenses.
All submitters will be notified of acceptance, regret or wait listed by February 25, 2019. We look forward to receiving your proposals to support the 2019 PRSA Oregon Chapter Communicator’s Conference.
Questions and inquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 Communicator’s Conference Organizing Committee
PRSA Oregon Chapter
The CommCon2019 Planning Committee reserves the right to select speakers outside of the aforementioned process.